There are two Main tracks in the Wattle Range Council Area
- Canunda National Park - running from Carpenters Rocks to Southend
- Beachport to Robe - this is a two part track, Beachport to Nora Creina and Little Dip Conservation Park.
The track conditions are constantly changing
Please note that if you are intending to travel on the sand tracks along this coastline, particularly through the winter months, you should be aware of the following:-
- IF IN DOUBT – GET OUT – AND WALK THE TRACK AHEAD.
- Tracks often are changed by the rough seas and gale force winds.
- The beaches are very soft, tides and seas can be very high. It is recommended that you obtain a Tide Time Chart
- Make sure you have appropriate recovery gear.
- Let the pressure down in your tyres (recommended PSI is 15)
- Stay on the marked tracks on the maps provided.
- If you become bogged it is very difficult to find someone to come and pull you out. It is therefore safer to travel with at least one other vehicle.
- Phone coverage is often poor so you need to climb to the nearest high point to phone for help.
- Take the appropriate action to ensure your visit along our coastline is an enjoyable one. It is a beautiful area and the trip should be a memorable experience for all the right reasons.