Missing Pets

Impounded Dogs

Below is a list of dogs currently held at Council's kennel facility. 

If you are the owner of one of these dogs please contact the Council office on (08) 8733 0900 during business hours to arrange a time to collect your dog. Payment of impounding fees is required before the dog can be collected. Proof of ownership may be required before your dog will be released.

No items available to list.

Lost Dogs

You have the best chance of being reunited with your lost dog if your pet is registered with Council and is microchipped. A collar disc with a current telephone number and/or address is also advisable.

Missing Pets Dog Image

What should I do if I lose my dog?

If your dog becomes lost, Council advises that you:

  • Ring Council on (08) 8733 0900 to notify us that the dog is lost and to see if we have already collected your pet.

  • Contact local vets to see if your pet may have been taken there.

  • Do a letterbox drop in your local area.

  • Use social media.

What should I do if I find a lost dog?

If you find a lost dog, phone the Council office on (08) 8733 0900 and ask to speak to a General Inspector, who will come and collect the dog. If calling after hours, the call will be transferred to Council’s After Hours Call Centre and will be directed onto the on-call General Inspector.  The After Hours Call Centre is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling (08) 8733 0900. Every endeavour will be made to reunite the dog with its owner.

What does Council do with lost dogs?

Most of the time the Council is able to quickly reunite lost dogs with their owners. Council will hold an animal at its kennel facility for a period whilst it attempts to find the animal's owner.  If Council is unable to establish the identity of a dog owner, or is unable to make contact with the owner, the Council may pursue re-homing the dog.

What penalties apply if I lose my dog?

Payment of impounding fees is required before the dog can be collected from the Council's kennel. If the dog is unregistered, the dog will also need to be registered before Council can release the dog. Expiation notices may be issued for dogs found wandering without an owner and/or unregistered dogs.