An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to join our team. The position will support the Manager Development, Health & Compliance in the maintenance of high standards of legislative compliance and excellence in the Development Services Department. Graduates and cadets would be considered with salary and training opportunities to be negotiated.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Ensuring that the building assessment, certification and control function within the Council is carried out in accordance with relevant legislation, codes and standards and including transition to the Planning, Development and Infrastructure (PDI) Act 2016
- Undertaking Development and Building Rules functions pursuant with the Development Act, Council Policy, National Construction Code (NCC) of Australia and other legislation (State & Federal)
- Providing professional support to the Development Services Team
The successful candidate must have current or the ability to achieve accreditation as an Accredited Professional (PDI Act), Australian Institute of Building Surveyors or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors as a Building Surveyor (Level 1, 2 or 3). The candidate must be actively studying or able to study towards gaining qualifications as growth opportunities are available for a career-minded applicant.
The position is offered on a full-time permanent basis, classified at Level 3 (currently $66,330 to $71,141) to Level 4 (currently $72,744 to $77,552) based on qualification and experience, of the SA Municipal Officers Award and Wattle Range Council’s ASU Enterprise Bargaining Agreement. The position is also entitled to a rostered day off each month.
Applications should include three parts:
- Cover letter
- Resume including referees
- A separate document showing how you meet each of the essential and desirable qualifications and experience in the position description
Applications should be marked ‘confidential’ and addressed to the Human Resource and Risk Manager, PO Box 27, Millicent SA 5280 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 am on Monday, 23 March 2020