Council Assessment Panel Member
Nominations for Membership
Council Assessment Panel
Council is seeking nominations from interested persons for appointment to the Wattle Range Council Assessment Panel (CAP).
Four (4) Independent Member positions, one of which may be appointed as the presiding member and two (2) Deputy Member positions are available.
Independent members of the CAP should have:
- a sound interest in town planning;
- knowledge of the South Australian Planning and Design Code;
- knowledge of the Development Act and Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act; and
- appropriate qualifications and experience relevant to the CAP.
As a guide, independent members could come from the field of architecture, landscape architecture, civil engineering, planning, law, building, environmental planning or similar fields that are relevant to the activities of the CAP.
The presiding member will ideally have experience in chairing formal meetings and knowledge of the Council Assessment Panel Meeting Procedures.
Independent members will be compensated for their time and expertise by an appropriate level of remuneration determined by Council. All training and accreditation requirements will be supported by Council.
Appointments will be made for a one-year term expiring 30 June 2022.
Please Note: The Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 (PDI Act) is now in effect (31 July 2020) and has replaced the previous Development Act 1993. An important part of the PDI Act enables the Minister for Planning to establish an accreditation scheme for planners, building certifiers and other industry professionals involved in making development decisions including Council Assessment Panel Members.
Qualifications and experience required:
The following requirement is essential:
- Accreditation under the Accredited Professionals Scheme for Planning Level 2. As an Accredited Professional all CAP members will be required to maintain their accreditation through continuing professional development (CPD) training.
The following qualifications or experience (or ability to obtain) is highly desirable:
- Relevant planning degree or qualification in an allied field (e.g. architecture, engineering, environmental management or law) and two years full time or equivalent experience considered appropriate; or
- Full or Associate Membership of Planning Institute of Australia or accreditation in a recognised allied field.
Copies of the nomination form and supporting information are available to download above.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Manager Development Health and Compliance, Chris Tully on (08) 8733 0900.
Nominations should be submitted to Wattle Range Council, PO Box 27, MILLICENT SA 5280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and close at 5 pm on Friday, 2 October 2020.