(12-month maternity leave contract)
Wattle Range Council is seeking a Finance Officer to fill a 12-month maternity leave cover position. The successful candidate will work within a team of employees jointly responsible for ensuring the prudent and efficient administration of Council’s financial and accounting services, including but not limited to budgeting, financial and management reporting, treasury management, cost and asset accounting and customer service.
The position also acts as a backup in the delivery of the Rates, Payroll, Creditors and Debtors functions and assists in the maintenance of Council’s accounting records, project work of a financial nature and in responding to audit requirements. The position will provide quality customer service to internal and external customers and administrative support to the financial services team and other areas of Council
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated professional skills, knowledge and judgement relating to financial management and accounting
- Hands on experience in the preparation of budgets, financial statements and long-term financial plans
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure
- Experience in the practical application and use of computerised accounting systems specifically Microsoft Excel for the presentation and generation of reports and financial models
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills to meet essential deadlines
- High level of initiative, ability to work effectively unsupervised and as part of a team
An attractive remuneration package in the range of $72,744 – $82,361 is on offer based on experience, plus 9.5% superannuation. This position is full time and entitled to a rostered day off each month. The position is located in Millicent, South Australia.
A position description is available above.
Applications MUST include a:
- Completed selection criteria, addressing both the essential and desirable criteria available above.
- Resume including three relevant referees.
Applications should be marked ‘confidential’ and addressed to the Human Resource and Risk Manager, PO Box 27, Millicent SA 5280 or emailed to email@example.com by 9 am on Friday, 3 July 2020.