The Wattle Range Council in the Limestone Coast is one of the most economically diverse Local Government regions in South Australia and is the number 1 region in Australia for Net Primary Productivity. Located in the picturesque south east corner of South Australia, the area provides a unique and rewarding working/living lifestyle.
(12-month maternity leave contract)
Wattle Range Council is seeking a Governance Officer to fill a 12-month maternity leave cover position. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Corporate Services and support the Executive Leadership Team in the maintenance of high standards of legislative compliance and excellence in governance.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- oversight of the various governance systems to ensure compliance with the Local Government Act and regulations and all other relevant legislation;
- monitoring and oversight of Council’s policy and procedures;
- maintenance of all relevant registers and similar documents relating to Council’s Elected Members and employees;
- oversight of the operation of Council’s complaint management system including compliance with Freedom of Information Act; and
- the provision of advice on policy and governance matters to management.
An attractive remuneration package in the range of Level 4/5 $72,744 - $79,154 is on offer based on experience, plus 9.5% superannuation. This position is full time contract with entitlement to a rostered day off each month. The position is located in Millicent, South Australia.
Applications MUST include a:
- Completed selection criteria, addressing both the essential and desirable criteria available from the website
- Resume including three relevant referees
Confidential enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Council’s Director of Corporate Services, Mr Paul Duka on (08) 8733 0900 or email email@example.com.
Applications should be marked ‘confidential’ and addressed to the Human Resource and Risk Manager, PO Box 27, Millicent SA 5280 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, 30th October 2020.