Maintenance Operator – Concrete Finisher
2 Positions Available
Council is looking to appoint two suitably qualified concrete finishers. Applications are invited to join the Wattle Range Council Engineering Services team in these full-time positions.
Reporting to the Team Leader – Maintenance, the role includes (but is not limited to):
- Oversee and undertake all concrete preparation and installation throughout the Council Area
- Plant operation including backhoe, loader, tractor, truck, and skid steer
- Maintenance of footpaths and sealed roads
- Trimming roadside trees
- Flood and storm damage relief
- Airfields maintenance
- Cemeteries activities
- General maintenance and assisting other sections of the Council team as needed
The position will normally be based at Council’s Millicent Depot, but may be required to start at other locations as required.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current truck licence (MR)
- White Card
- Work Zone Traffic Management
Additionally, the following are desirable:
- Backhoe competency ticket
- Loader competency ticket
- Local Government experience
This position is full time with salary Grade 6 ($57,827.05 - $59,003.43) in accordance with the current WRC AWU Enterprise Agreement (dependent on qualifications and experience). The position will also include 9.5% superannuation.
Position description and selection criteria template are available above.
Applications MUST include a:
- Completed selection criteria, addressing both the essential and desirable criteria available from the website
- Resume including three relevant referees
Applications should be marked ‘confidential’ and addressed to the Human Resource and Risk Manager, PO Box 27, Millicent SA 5280 or emailed to email@example.com by 9 am on Friday, 17 July 2020.