As a member of the Engineering Services Leadership Team, the Manager Operations provides effective leadership of the Operations team in the delivery of front-line services to the community. This incorporates critical service delivery in the areas of Road Construction and Unsealed Maintenance, Sealed Road and Footpath Maintenance, Parks and Gardens and Mechanical Services. This role is responsible for ensuring these services are provided within budget and comply with relevant statutory and WHS obligations, regulations, codes, guidelines and Council policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Ensure all team members comply with statutory and Council requirements to provide a safe work place for all employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors
- Lead the Operations team to achieve high quality service delivery to the community through the establishment, implementation and ongoing management of performance standards
- Prepare Operational and Capital business cases for relevant projects
- Coordinate response to customer services requests for the Operations Team
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience at a senior level in the effective leadership and management of a works and/or operations function
- Certificate IV qualification or equivalent
- Experience in construction works and the ability to read engineering plans
- Ability to quote accurately and negotiate effectively
An attractive remuneration package in the range of $101,593– $108,005 is on offer based on experience, plus 9.5% superannuation. This position is full time and entitled to a rostered day off each month and full private use of Council vehicle.
Applications MUST include a:
- Completed selection criteria, addressing both the essential and desirable criteria available from the website
- Resume including three relevant referees
Applications should be marked ‘confidential’ and addressed to the Human Resource and Risk Manager, PO Box 27, Millicent SA 5280 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 7 December 2020.
Confidential enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Council’s Director Engineering Services, Peter Halton on (08) 8733 0901.