Kalangadoo (which the aboriginal word means "Big trees in water) today the area includes a general store, a farm supply store and a pub.
Kalangadoo is located approximately 30kms from Penola turn off the Riddoch Highway at Nangwarry onto Kalangadoo Road. Kalangadoo is in the south of the Wattle Range Council area. It is 40kms east of Millicent via Mt Burr. It is 70kms southeast of Beachport via Millicent and Mt Burr.
The local industries are Plantation Treated Timber Pty Ltd and hardware shop, apple farms, rose farm, sheep and cattle and seasonal potato growing.
The Kalangadoo railway siding was opened in 1888, the station building opened in 1907 and the Broad Gauge Kalangadoo to Mt Gambier Railway opened in 1953. It closed in September 1985, opening as an Auspine outlet in October 1999. It was one of the busiest and most productive stations in South Australia. Kalangadoo averaged over 50,000 tons of outward freight as well as large livestock movements and served as a passenger/mail service for Millicent and Mt Burr.