FREE Garden Mulch Available
Wattle Range Council provide a number of free mulch collection days throughout the year to all residents and ratepayers. Held at Penola and Millicent garden mulch is loaded into trailers at no cost, subject to availability.
Dates for the 2020 Community Mulch Days program may vary due to changing COVID-19 restrictions. It is recommended to contact Council on 8733 0900 prior to the weekend to confirm it will be held. If possible, bringing a signed disclaimer form with you will assist in quick and contact-less collection of mulch.
This organic material is a natural product made from the garden waste dropped off at Council’s Resource Recovery Centre from Wattle Range residents and businesses. The mulch available does not meet industry standards for a saleable mulch product and is therefore available at no cost.
Those taking advantage of the opportunity will need to bring a tarpaulin and suitable rope to secure the load before exiting the site. A disclaimer will also need to be signed prior to collection.
As the organic material may contain plant seed, sharp and splintery objects, dusts and allergens, Council strongly recommends the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when handling this material. PPE should include heavy duty gloves, long sleeved shirt and pants, safety glasses and dust mask or other respiratory aids.
FREE Green Waste Disposal October & November
Between the 1 October and 30 November each year, residents will not require a waste voucher to dispose of approved loads of green waste at the Millicent, Penola or Beachport Waste Transfer facilities. This is so that residents are able to clean up ahead of fire danger season. The following conditions apply:
- This is ONLY for approved green waste, which is strictly limited to tree limbs and branches, grass clippings and weeds.
- If any other waste is included in the load, a waste voucher will be required.
- Loads must be presented by a Wattle Range Council resident or ratepayer.
- All users must prove they are a ratepayer or resident by showing a current rates notice or driver’s licence with a Wattle Range Council address.
- No green waste is accepted at Glencoe and Furner.
All enquiries should be directed to Veolia on 08 8724 8121 during normal office hours.